Pick 5 artists/bands/musicals that you love before reading the questions:
3. Reel Big Fish
5. Plastiscines (iffy, ‘cause I haven’t been into the new stuff they’re releasing)
Wow, Reel Big Fish really stands out here.
What was the first song you ever heard by 1?
- Radio Song as a bonus song on GH3, ohdear.
What is your favourite song of 4?
- Hmmm, maybe S’eteint le Soleil, Que Veux-Tu, or Ce Jeu.
What kind of impact has 1 left on your life?
- All of the impact. All of it. They are the late nights, the day dreams, the solo dance parties, the company in my ears, the inspiration, the humbleness of life.
What are your favourite lyrics of 5?
- “Let’s get down in Barcelona / I like romancin’ but I don’t wanna / Let’s get down in Barcelona / Tonight we’re dancin’ like no tomorraaah…”
An obvious choice, really simple, but I just like how carefree it is.
How many times have you seen 4 live?
- Once, and they were actually my first real show! Looking forward to seeing them again, hopefully soon.
What is your favourite song by 2?
- What an unfair question. When I introduce people to Dragonette, it’s usually Pick up the Phone, but I love Easy, Ghost, Let it Go, and Run, Run, Run.
Is there any song by 3 that makes you sad?
- AHAHA, of all the choices. Um, no… not in particular.
What is your favourite song by 1?
- The heck. Lola is a good go-to, Ça Mousse, Butterfly, Just Like the Old Days, Apprends-Moi, Lova Lova, All Alone, A La Chaine, Smith’n’Wesson. Uhn.
When did you first get into 2?
- Maybe in 2009? I used to listen to them passively on Pandora, was really into Galore, explored more intently after they came out with Hello.
How did you get into 3?
- My good friend Donaven lent me Our Live Album is Better Than Your Live Album and I fell in love with their humor. They really are better live, too!
What is your favourite song by 5?
- Probably Barcelona or Another Kiss, maybe Pas Avec Toi.
How many times have you seen 2 live?
- Twice! 9/26/12 at The Mezzanine, SF and 5/24/13 at The Fox Theater, Oakland. <3 Oh, I hope I see them many more times in the future. Thinking it’ll be worth it to travel to LA next time they come through California. So exhilarating live and so heartwarming in person. <3
What is a good memory concerning 5?
- Nothing in particular, maybe just the nostalgia I get from my first Plastiscines phase.
Is there a song by 4 that makes you sad?
- S’eteint le Soleil, but it’s more like a longing rather than a sadness.
What is your favorite song by 3?
- Where Have You Been?, Don’t Start a Band, Beer, Sell Out, Everything Sucks